Claris has just released the FileMaker Pro 19.2.2 update. It adds a few new features, changes some functionality and fixes a number of bugs. I have written some highlights below, but please read the full release notes if you wish to obtain more information.
Highlights of FileMaker Pro 19.2.2 Update
- Account name and password fields are hidden when signing in with OAuth or AD FS.
- There are three new functions that enable add-on developers to retrieve additional information relating to an add-on or layout objects.
- There is a new function that enables plug-in developers to obtain installed plug-in information as a JSON object.
- (macOS) The preview of the FileMaker Pro quick start experience is now available in all supported languages.
- (macOS) There are new layout editing features in the preview, though only if the macOS language is set to English.
- The app upload process has been streamlined after creating an app using the quick start experience.
- The annoying little bug relating to FileMaker not scrolling horizontally in certain conditions has been fixed.
- (Windows) Another annoying, perhaps not so little, bug has been fixed, one that relates to FileMaker Pro unexpectedly changing the text input method from Japanese to Roman, which could then not be reversed anywhere in Windows.
- (macOS) A bug that caused long script names to be truncated in certain conditions has been fixed.
How to Get the FileMaker Pro 19.2.2 Update
You can download an installer for FileMaker Pro from the Claris downloads page, or you can update FileMaker Pro directly by selecting ‘Check for Updates…’ from the FileMaker Pro Help menu.